Monday, April 24, 2006

 

David's perspective on girls education in africa.

Did you ever come home from school thinking that you had a terrible day and that you could never forgive your teacher because they gave you detention. Well then shake it off, because if you can't, than you don't realise how lucky you are compared to many, many people. If you are born into a house in Canada you are already privileged. If you have three meals a day, then you are privileged. Don't believe me? Go to this page Link here. This page was one of the many that convinced me to do my media project on poor african schools. It just shows that the goverment of Africa isn't putting enough focus on education. They need to step it up but we can't count on their word. Thats why I'm putting in my time to learn more about what I can do, and you can too. Go here to find out how little it takes Link 2. This is what I am basing my project on. It only takes $9-$18 to cover school fees for a year. IT ONLY TAKES 83ยข TO PAY FOR 1 ROOM. While you're buying a drink that you like, they could be building a room that many children need.
All I'm trying to say is that I think that if we all pitch in we can make a difference. I'm willing to try. I don't have a source to donate to yet, but I'm still looking. Africa is a place of many troubles and at least we can try and help them take education off their back. Alex Ko, Jake Read and I are trying to make a difference by getting fundraising at our school. We feel by doing this we can help the little bit that we're able to.
I believe in this cause so much, I have decided to donate $100 to the Nelson Mandela foundation for childrens education in Africa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?